Every home has that one awkward corner or wall that seems pointless or just tough to know how to fill. Maybe it’s the corner behind your sofa, or that awkward space by your closet doors. Instead of leaving it bare or using it as a catchall for miscellaneous junk, it’s time to put that space to good use!
- Extra light is always a pro, so take advantage of an awkward corner or nook and add a floor lamp. Nestle it behind a chair, or let it stand alone as a statement piece.
- Place a tall plant or bundle of sticks in this space for some vertical visual interest.
- Hang a tall vertical piece of art in the space, either alone or in combination with a shorter item like a bench or basket to create some extra visual interest or help tie in a color scheme.
- Use the space for extra storage and add a basket with some extra pillows or blankets. This is also a great way to neatly store stray toys, pet items, or general clutter.
- This is a great place to store an extra seating piece like a small pouf, stool, or bench. Just pull it into the main seating area when needed, or let it live as a little reading nook.
- Space dependent, an awkward corner or wall can be the perfect place for some floating shelves, a small console, or even a narrow bookcase. Practically, this buys you some extra storage space, and visually it is a great opportunity to incorporate some colorful books, vases, and small plants into the room.
Say goodbye to that empty, awkward corner! Use one or more of these tricks for making the most of the small spaces in your home, and have some fun with the mini makeover!
PS – Like having tips like this? Be sure to follow us on Instagram where we post regular quick fixes and ideas like this one!